Monday, January 24, 2011

Light, shimmery pigments on the inner tear ducts to make eyes pop


i had been seeing youtube makeup gurus do this, especially on a dark smoky eye look. i tried it on myself, and it looked horrendous on me. just like how the gurus do it, i use a shimmery white pigment/eye shadow, but it just didn’t seem to work on me. the promised result of brighter, more lively eyes instead made me look like i was ready for work – as clown at the local theme park.

but lately i had been sporting this (about a month now) and boy, am i glad i finally (and accidentally) found what works best for me. it’s Adore by Ellana, a white pigment that shifts into a shimmery peachy pink after a few seconds on the skin. brilliant! it made my eyes pop and awake! now i get why it worked. i’m basically a tan-brown filipino woman. so my skin shimmer shouldn’t be white, but peachy/coral-ey or anything with color, right? and i just remembered that most of the gurus i’ve seen do this trick are lighter-skinned people – yellow-toned asians, and white caucasians. well, some brown asian gurus also use this, and i never thought that it didn’t really flatter them much at all as i just focused on the rest of the eye makeup, since, to me, this technique is fairly new.
so, there i go – happy to have found out something new that works for me teehee...
next up - i'm quite broke lately but the following are surely on my wish list : Revlon Photo Ready foundation, Smashbox PhotoFinish Primer (which you can buy at P2,150 for a set of the 30ml primer, a lid primer and some other primer at the Beauty Bar, Podium - yay!), Stila Kajal eyeliner in Onyx, Stila Convertible Color and Ellana Powder Primer. crossing fingers on how i work this on my budget. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment